Welcome to RightsAndRoyalties.com!
We Cover the R&R News
Rights management and royalty management are critical components to success in todayâ€™s business world.Â With more and more products incorporating the intellectual property of others, royalty accounting is becoming an ever more important operational consideration.
As a result, royalty accounting and rights management news play an ever increasing role in the business news of the day.Â Stories abound of companies not adequately managing their revenue sharing, and of disputes over artist royalties.
Rights and royalties play a role in almost every industry: from mechanical royalties and record label royalties in the music industry, to rights management in the publishing industry, to royalty tracking in the pharmaceutical industry.
Our objective at RightsAndRoyalties.com is to keep you informed of all the latest information relating to royalty management, royalty accounting, and royalty tracking.
The Most Popular Royalty Related News Issues
A big part of our job is to keep you informed of news related to royalties and rights.
- Deals â€“ What big revenue sharing deals have been signed?Â What are the latest trends in artist royalties?
- Problems related to deals â€“ Contract management is at the heart of royalty management.Â Many of the royalty reporting challenges uncovered are due to inadequately describe terms.Â For example, in the area of ebook rights, what are the territorial rights?Â How are language rights impacted by location?
- Problems related to lack of deals â€“ Many of the biggest problems in the royalty accounting world come from a lack of deals.Â Companies infringe on one anotherâ€™sâ€™ intellectual property, sometimes knowingly, other times with total innocence.Â We will bring you information on these situations, and where possible, the outcomes.
â€śRoyalty Managementâ€ť is the business process of distributing royalties to licensors on revenues received.Â There are many factors to consider.Â Here is some of the information that we will provide:
- Best Practices â€“ There are a million different ways of managing your royalties.Â Royalty accounting is inherently complex, and the need for auditability and accountability is central to any best practice.Â We will share with you the best practices that we have seen in the industry.
- Time Savers â€“ Royalty tracking is time consuming.Â Sales aggregation alone can take days of effort.Â Allocating those sales to contracts is also a huge task in itself.Â We will share with you the best time savers we can find for managing your royalties.
- Examples of Royalty Management Gone Wrong â€“ As you will see in the news section discussed above, when royalty management is done wrong, the consequences are considerable, for lost revenue to bad licensor relationships to the dreaded lawsuit.
- Examples of Royalty Management Done Right â€“ Done right, on the other hand, royalty management becomes a transparent process the integrates seamlessly into the rest of your organization.
Many of the best practices that we discuss will involve the implementation of royalty software.Â There are several different packages available, from publishing software to accounting software to dedicated royalty management solutions.Â There are many factors to consider when evaluating the use of software to manage your royalties, including:
- Speed of implementation
- Online availability (for both users and licensors)
- Time saving tools
At RightsAndRoyalties.com, we will investigate these different aspects of royalty management software.
The last major area that we will cover at RightAndRoylaties.com is the basics of royalty accounting.Â There are many aspects of royalty accounting to consider, including:
- Transaction flow
- Charts of accounts
- Financials reporting
We help you navigate the challenges of royalty accounting.
Thank you for visiting RightsAndRoyalties.com.Â We hope that you, the royalty management professional, find our site useful.